Library Director Vacancy
The City of Wyoming/Wyoming Public Library is seeking applications for a Library Director.
The Library Director provides leadership and serves as the library’s primary public representative. The Director is expected to represent the library within the community, develop programs, develop collections, manage staff and volunteers, maintain library facilities, provide budgeting information, and ensure daily operations of the library within budget guidelines. This is a part-time position, 20-22 hours per week and includes IPERS, vacation and sick time.
Submit a City of Wyoming application and cover letter by June 3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the job description for a full scope of work performed
City of Wyoming Application for Employment
City of Wyoming E.O.E
Update 5/13/2020 Wyoming Public Library will remain closed until further notice.
Wyoming Public Library COVID-19 Plan
- Staff working in building regular hours.
- Staff maintains health sheet. If sick they must stay home, and if exposed to anyone positive for Covid-19, they will self-isolate for 14 days/take test if deemed necessary. Staff will notify Board President.
- Staff present regular library hours to answer phone, process returns, prepare items for curbside service.
- Continue to promote services through Website/Facebook.
- Keep wifi available for outside use.
- Continue to practice social distancing and sanitizing library.
- Library will begin to be open to the public by appointment only for book check out from ½ hour after opening till ½ hour before closing.
- Computer will be available by appointment only and limited to 45 minutes daily. Due to social distancing, only 1 public computer will be available at a time. Time slots will be given by the hour to allow for proper sanitizing between patrons.
- Staff will be available to help make copies and send faxes.
- Public restrooms are not available.
- Backroom not available to public.
- Library open to the public with extra precautions in place.
o All library services are available with social distancing practices in place.
o Limited number of patrons in library at one time to 10 patrons.
o Public restrooms locked, key available at front desk.
- By appointment only for the last ½ hour of each day. This will allow staff to sanitize daily.
- Computer time will be limited to 45 minutes. Changes may be made at the discretion of the library staff.
- Limited toys(if any) will be available.
- Backroom will not be available to public.
- Library open to the public full hours.
- Replace all removed furniture and slow roll out of toys.
- All computers available and back to 1-hour time limits.
*Inter Library Loan Service will be made available to patrons when the Iowa Shares Courier service resumes.
*** All subject to change based on current Covid-19 restrictions. **